Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Switch Stitching

I finished stitching the ornament for my niece and started one for a friend's daughter for Christmas. I got sidetracked, though, when I found a nice cache of free cross stitch patterns on the internet. I found a cute one by Lizzie Kate that I have done for a friend, although I have modified it a little. Her favorite saying is "Bloom where you're planted." The pattern I found has three little flowers across the middle with "Bloom" below it. I have found an alphabet pattern similar to the letters on the chart and am adding "where you're planted" to the bottom of the piece. It looks pretty decent.
My problem is that I need to use a sewing machine to finish off all these pieces I have finished stitching. I have a machine, courtesy of my mother-in-law, but have no idea how to use it. My husband (!) said that he might be able to figure it out (??) based on what he remembers seeing his mom doing with it when he was a kid. We'll see.

2 comments:

BB said...

good luck with the machine. i usually wind up stitching my finger! hehehehe

Roz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.