Friday, May 8, 2009

Plantings

I've got quite a spread in the backyard. We went to the farmers' market this afternoon and got lots of plants. I just finished getting them into the ground. I planted--
  • 6 grape tomato plants
  • 4 squash plants
  • 4 eggplants
  • 2 bunches of parsley in pots
  • 2 sweet potato vines
  • 1 patio tomato plant
  • 2 decorative basil plants (it's a purple color and smells divine)
This is all in addition to the plants I put in about 2 weeks ago--
  • basil
  • cilantro
  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 2 tomato plants
  • 1 jalapeno plant
  • 2 clematis vines
  • Oriental lilies
  • 2 bleeding hearts
I also separated and transplanted several daylilies and hostas. It looks so green and lush outside now. It really makes up for the bleakness of the New Jersey winter.
Mike is working tomorrow for someone, so he got today and Monday off in return. He got some molding up in the kitchen, above the countertop backsplash, so it's looking even more complete in there. He also went to Home Depot to get my Mother's Day present... A new ceiling fan for the kitchen! Bye-bye grody brown fan, hello new white fan!

1 comment:

AM said...

I wanna see pics of the kitchen! Does it make it feel more like "home"? I find when I do home improvement and personalize my home I feel more comfortable!