Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What I'm reading

We went to the library yesterday. I got several books about gardening and kitchen remodeling. We are going to give our kitchen a budget face-lift this spring and I'm hunting for tips and ideas. I also picked up A.J. Jacobs' book The Know-It-All since I enjoyed his The Year of Living Biblically so much. I also picked up a book in the "new arrivals" section called Confessions of a Prep School Mommy Handler. The reviews on Amazon.com are mixed, so I don't have extremely high hopes for it, but it seems like it will be a fun, quick read.
Mike and I took W to the doctor today for his 18-month check-up. He did not appreciate being stripped down when they weighed him, nor did he like it when they took his temperature rectally. Can't say that I blame him, really. Mercifully, he got no shots today. The pediatrician wanted to know if he colors with crayons yet. Yes, I told her, but after drawing one or two lines on the paper, he would just prefer to eat the crayons. She recommended getting an Aqua-Doodle or Magna-Doodle for him. So on doctor's orders, I got him a Magna-Doodle today at Target. It has big shape stampers and a big screen. It was under $20 and looks like it will hold up well. I got the Little People one because it was recommended for ages 2 and up and the other Magna-Doodle products were for kids a little bit older (3+). When W gets up from his snooze we're going to try it out.

2 comments:

black betty said...

the diva got a magna-doodle for christmas. she LOVES it! :)

AM said...

yes, AM played with that for a long time and they do hold up very well....not as fun as an etch-a-sketch if you ask me but much more age appropriate.