Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF?

I don't really know whether or not it's really a TGIF type of Friday or not. Mike is sick, W is mainly snarky and I am restless. Mike DID go to the doctor today, which is huge, and she said he has a virus, which isn't very helpful. She also said he's probably allergic to cats, which also falls under the "not helpful" category. The good thing about today is that I got to go to the grocery store BY MYSELF. What a luxury! I also received, in the mail, some makeup I ordered earlier this week. I had been itching to try the Bare Minerals makeup but was hesitant to pay the exorbitant price for it. I found another type of the same stuff for a much lower price--and get this--you go to the website and pick some different colors that might look good on you and they send you samples for free (you pay for shipping, mine was less that four bucks). I got the samples last Saturday and ordered the full size stuff on Monday; I received the makeup today. It's called Everyday Minerals and it's fantastic. Totally check it out; it's good stuff, I promise.
Oh, and the way I decided to go with this brand was through research on Makeup Alley, a website where you can go and find reviews from real people about their experiences with various beauty products. It's pretty amazing.
So the Anne Lamott thing. Yes, it was incredible. She still has her dredlocks (and will, I'm sure, until her dying day) and she looks like an aging hippie. It was standing-room only (Rebecca and I stood in the Medical reference section of the store). She read excerpts from a few books and took questions from the audience, giving honest answers for everyone. I love her take on Christianity--she's totally the type of Christian I strive to be--one who has faith but leaves room for growth and questions. She's unapologetic, too, which I appreciate. She's totally "This is who I am and if you don't like it, that's fine, you can just move on." She doesn't care that her background isn't necessarily "Christian" because, hey, what would God be if S/He wasn't forgiving and open? I love that. Hearing her last night was like going to a really incredible concert by one's favorite performer. Inspiring and unforgettable.

No comments: