Monday, April 28, 2008

It was all going so well!

Today was going pretty well until around 3 this afternoon. I had my yearly physical this morning and W went over to a neighbor's house to play with her kids during my appointment. He didn't fuss once. Hurrah! We got home around 11 and he took a nap for nearly 3 hours. Hurrah! When he got up, he really wanted to go outside, but it was really rainy. I could tell that he wasn't going to have a "nice, quiet afternoon" so I got online and found an indoor play center just north of Princeton. I loaded him into the car and off we went. Not five minutes from our house, the "check engine" light came on in my car. Ugh. That is the LAST thing we need right now... I called Mike to see if he wanted me to take it straight to a mechanic or take it straight home. He opted for taking it straight home, so home we went. I hated to even bother him with this not-so-good news, seeing as how he had a root canal this morning, but there wasn't any way around it. When we got home, it was still raining, but W would not be satisfied with just coming inside. I let him run around a little bit in the rain since it wasn't especially cold. He went down the slide once, but decided that wasn't such a good idea since it was so wet. When we finally did get inside, both of us were soaked, so both of us got into comfy clothes and spent the rest of the afternoon reading, stacking blocks and listening to music. Not a bad day, all things considered.
I'm just stressed about the car and what might be wrong with it. Sigh.

No comments: