Thursday, May 1, 2008

This stuff is bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

We went to the grocery store today. I had really needed to go much earlier this week but couldn't because of the sick car, so my list was pretty long. I hadn't really noticed until today that food prices are really going up. I guess what got me tuned into that was the fact that just in the past week, bananas at Wegman's have gone from 49 cents/pound to 59 cents/pound. Highway robbery! I know everyone has to cover their rising costs, but geez... 10 cents in a week?! But since the males in my house are part-monkey (well, technically they share 98 to 99 percent of the same DNA, but whatever), so we have to have bananas in stock on a daily basis. So I guess I'll keep buying bananas, just like I keep buying gasoline. But, I digress.

No comments: