Sunday, June 29, 2008

A sense of unity

I went to an Obama house meeting yesterday afternoon at my neighbor Judy's house. There were over 20 people there. It was amazing to see such a diverse group of people get together and discuss the real problems of our country and try to think of solutions. The two main concerns of the group were 1) what to do about Iraq; and 2) how to deal with a weak economy, namely the problem of energy prices.
Whoever becomes the next president is going to have some serious cleaning up to do after this administration. It is not a job that I would want. Our country has lost a lot of credibility and respect over the past few years and it's not going to be easy to rebuild that. I think Obama has the best chance at doing that, however. I believe that he will surround himself with good, intelligent people who will do their best to get our country back on track.
We've been taking W to the pool for short swims. He was hesitant at first, but gets more comfortable each time we go. I try to stay for only about 30 minutes so that he doesn't get tired and cranky. He likes sitting on the steps and splashing his feet. He's been trying to drink the water (yuck!) and thinks it's really hilarious when I tell him to stop. Go figure.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

i am going to a few obama meetings here in jackson. cool!