Friday, March 6, 2009

Marching ahead...

...to March! I sort of fell off the Blogger-Train in February. I lead a fairly normal (read: dull) existence, so I don't always feel the need to share the mundane. This has been the case over the past few weeks. We've had some weird weather; 60 one day, six inches of snow two days later. Typical NJ "spring", or so I'm told. I am ready for Real Spring. My daffodil bulbs are coming up, which bodes well, so I can't complain too much.
I was laid out with a vicious stomach bug mid-way through this past week. I'll spare you the details, but suffice it to say that I missed a day of work and Mike stayed home to take care of W. I was on the Saltine/Gatorade diet for over 24 hours, which, disappointingly, didn't do to trim my waistline. Oh well.
My mama comes to visit next Saturday. Her Spring Break and mine coincide, so she's staying for several days. I haven't seen her since Christmas, so I'm really looking forward to it.
I'm doing a Lenten study of Genesis. It's really thought-provoking, and would be totally worth doing aside from Lent, as well. The focus is on renewal and grace, two things I think we could all benefit from. It's a pleasant way to wind down at the end of the day and work toward a peaceful night's sleep.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

is your mama bringing your painting? love you!