Monday, April 6, 2009

One month...?

Has it really been a whole month since I wrote something on this thing? ::checking calendar:: Yup, sure has. Life is going well; my best girlfriend in the entire world just found out she's expecting her second, and another dear friend/co-worker is expecting in July. Babies, babies everywhere!! To answer the question that everyone asks... no, not yet. Don't know when, or even if. I'm a big believer in things happening when they're supposed to happen... and it just ain't happening right now, folks!
I've completed several craft-y projects lately. Here's a sampling--
Here's a big floor pillow I put together for a friend's daughter's second birthday. The fabric is a really soft flannel with kitties and flowers on it. The trim is purple pom pom's.


This is a little girl's shirt that I embroidered for our school's Auction Night fundraiser
Here's the little boy shirt that I embroidered for Auction Night


Yup, I make seasonal kerchiefs for Maggie. Here's her Peanuts Easter Beagle one.


I embroidered this t-shirt for my best girlfriend's little boy for his second birthday. His party theme was ROBOTS, so I thought the shirt was very appropriate.


Ah, the Easter season. I got three little wooden eggs from the craft store and painted them. I primed them first, then painted them. Several layers of paint later, I used Polyurethane to give them a nice shine. I love the little chicks I nestled in with the eggs. They're so old-fashioned.
I'm working on a blanket for a friend's new baby boy down in MS. It is a trial-and-error thing, hence the delay in finishing it. I didn't expect it to be as involved as it's turned out to be!
And as for my gardening... My bulbs are a success! The dwarf iris came up a few weeks ago (see below) and the daffodils are in full bloom. I think we'll have tulips in a week or so. I have some hyacinth in a pot indoors and they are blooming and smell divine.

Below, you'll see one of the two Jiffy greenhouses W helped me prepare a few weeks ago. Each greenhouse has 72 peat pots. We filled all of them with seed. I'd say 90% of them have sprouted! I cannot believe it. It will be a few weeks before I can move them outside, as the nighttime temperatures still get pretty low, but we will have lots of good veggies growing, and pretty flowers too, this summer.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

jude LOVES his robot shirt! and i LOVE you!

AM said...

I hear your blanket turned out wonderful!