Friday, January 2, 2009

Mr. Sut

Today is a sad day for me. Mr. Sut, my grandfather (not by blood, but by love) passed away early this morning. It was not that unexpected. He had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure last year and his health had steadily declined. He went to the hospital last Friday (he's 88); Mom and I went by the hospital to see him this past Monday. He was getting 2 pints of blood. We had a very nice visit with him--he was disappointed that we hadn't brought W with us, but told us that a "hospital was no place for a little guy". I was planning to go by and see him today before we flew out for NJ.
But we're staying for a few days extra now. The service is likely to be on Tuesday, and I just feel really strongly about being there. Mike is calling Orbitz to try to get credit for the two tickets that were supposed to get me and W back to NJ tonight. I don't know what the next few days will bring.
I do know that I am incredibly blessed to have had this wonderful man as a part of my life for as long as I did. Here's a picture of him with W from August, 2006.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

i know how much he meant to you. i am so sorry for your loss.
love you!

Roz said...

I'm sorry for your loss..he looked like a very sweet man..

AM said...

sorry for your loss. i hear wilson had a little fun during your extended stay.

black betty said...

i'm so sorry, honey.